General Service Technician
General Service Technician
AutoChoice Service Center has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Bloomington, IN.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also AutoChoice Service Center's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Highly recommend. Honest, accomodating to meet our needs. Very reasonable rates. Will be our first choice for all future work.
Bruce McCallister, 10/15/2021
Had a leak and it turned out to be a cracked reservoir. These guys instantly found the problem and took care of it. Highly recommend!
j c, 09/29/2021
I am new to the area and got an oil change at the local dealership. I picked my car up from the dealership and was told it needed a brand new steering gear and much more that would cost me over $1800. I called my tech from back home since my car is only 2 years old and he told me to get a second opinion because it did not sound right. I called AutoChoice and explained my situation to Lloyd Nichols. He was very honest and upfront with me. They got my car in just two days later to just look it over for me to make sure it was safe. There was nothing wrong with my car that the dealership claimed. Lloyd was very honest, professional, and in the business to do good. I will be making this my Service Center for the rest of my time living in Bloomington. They looked at my car free of charge and then gave me a quote of about $1200 less than the dealership if I actually did need that work. I would trust them with my every car need. Great People!
Emma S., 09/17/2021